[OCLUG-Tech] New Project. Web-based IRC Client

Hello folks

I wrote an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) *client* that runs within your
web browser in 2001.
It's mostly (96%) written in HTML & JavaScript with a tiny Java applet (4KB).
Recently started to working on it again.

It requires a web browser with
- Java enabled
- JavaScript enabled
- LiveConnect support
- Popup windows enabled (i thought popup windows were OK back in 2001)

Project home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/loqirc/
Screen shots: http://loqirc.sourceforge.net/screenshots/index.html

The project
- was my 1st project using both JavaScript and Java, so some code is
truly awful.
- Initial quick & dirty implementation was done in an hour.
- The first release version was done in a week (perhaps 20 man-hours).
then again i had not touched it until 2005.

There are CGI:IRC and PJIRC. Weren't you satisfied with them? Why did
you spend/waste your time to do this?
 - cgi:irc or similar server-based IRC were/are not responsive.
 - applets were slow(er) to load and not so responsive (back in 2001 on my pc).
 - It just hit my mind.
 - was fun

What could Loq do?
 - connect to IRC server
 - /list, /query, /join, /part, /quit, /kick, /topic

How big is Loq?
 - approx 110KB (HTML+JS) + 4KB (Applet)
 - approx 3360 lines of JavaScript, 860 lines of HTML, 180 lines of Java

Supported Web Browsers?
 - MS Internet Explorer. probably ver 5.0+
 - Mozilla Firefox. Mac OS X version needs Java Embedding Plugin
(http://javaplugin.sourceforge.net/ ) which enables LiveConnect.
 - Apple Safari. It's web core is kHTML.

Loq caused my web browser to crash. Why?
 - Your web browser has bug

Give me more Qs. Thank you.

Regards,
Jeong-Yun