Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Parsing when compiling C - generalized understanding question?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Parsing when compiling C - generalized understanding question?
  • From: "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] istop [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:05:03 -0400
On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 08:40:42AM -0400, Martin Hicks wrote:
> > > Take an undergrad compilers course at university
> >
> > Me and universities will never mix.
>
> What I'm trying to point out here is that this stuff is complex.  If you

Mort is right.  And that's why they pay us the big bucks :-)

Sure, average joe/jane can write a quickie program.  But
there is a lot going on under the hood to make it possible.
And just understanding the toolset (which I am still trying
to do) is a huge job (these days), much less writing a
half-useful application.

To get as far as I have in understanding, I have made
use of several of my university courses.  So while Bill
might not like formal schooling, it does hold some of
the information he is looking for.

cheerio,
bjb