Re: [OCLUG-Tech] least: bash pager hack

* Adrian Irving-Beer <wisq-oclug [ at ] wisq [ dot ] net> [050818 01:46]:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 11:51:37PM -0400, Bart Trojanowski wrote:
>
> > I wanted to have a pager that would decide if the text was being
> > worth paged.  That is a pager that behaved like cat if the text
> > would fit on the screen, and would behave like less if the text
> > would not fit on the screen.
>
> I assume this is for the exercise?  Because my 'less' has a '-F'
> option that does just that.

Yeah, almost.  Truth be told I didn't know about less -F before this
'exercise'.  However if you note my PAGER is set to vim not less.

I often end up reading diff output from cvs, bk, git and more recently
mercurial in vim.  I was typing a lot of '| vim -R -' at the end of
everything.  And since I don't always know how long a patch will be it's
nice to have the option to let te computer do the work for me.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/