Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Scotiabank Online Banking timing out (Stalling) under Linux

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Scotiabank Online Banking timing out (Stalling) under Linux
  • From: Martin Hicks <mort [ at ] bork [ dot ] org>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:37:08 -0400
On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 07:27:59AM -0700, Michael Kovacs wrote:

> >I think the slight improvement is all in your mind then :-)
> >
> >the ECN stuff will break your connection to that machine totally if
> >there's a ECN-broken router in your path.
> >
> >mh
> >

> Doh! :-[
> So I dont have a broken router, Now what? Any more ideas?

The thing is that it doesn't have to be your problem.  It can be any
router between you and the destination.

Another idea:  Maybe set your MTU lower?  Maybe something's having
problems with your MTU settings.  Try something absurdly low like 1000
and if that fixes it then try moving back up.  usually 1452 (?) works
for most PPPoE type situations.

mh

--
Martin Hicks || mort [ at ] bork [ dot ] org || PGP/GnuPG: 0x4C7F2BEE