[OCLUG-Tech] Scotiabank Online Banking timing out (Stalling) under Linux

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Scotiabank Online Banking timing out (Stalling) under Linux
  • From: Michael Kovacs <michael [ at ] shaw [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 01:09:58 -0700
I have been plagued by this problem for quite some time. Scotia Bank Online Banking stalls out every time I try to access my accounts. www.scotiabank.com loads fast but as soon as I try to access www.scotiaonline.scotiabank.com it starts to time out. if I hit refresh a few times I might actually allow me to enter my card number and password, but it times out on each page. I have tried several different distros, Fedora, Mepis, and Sandros, also different browsers including Firefox Konqueror, etc. they exhibit the same symptoms. The only thing I haven't tried is Internet Explorer though Wine. But if I can I would like to avoid using Microsoft products all together.If anyone has any suggestions I am willing to listen.

thanks in advance,
Michael Kovacs