Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Sound problems with FC4 + ALSA + bttv ??

Thanks Raj;

You have hit the nail on the head.  I sent the listed information to
Fedora Mailing list, then Fedora Forum, then Fedora/RedHat Bugzilla. All
after respectful waits for a meaningful response from first one then the
next.

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 12:16 -0400, Raj wrote:
> While I have no specific information for you, I remember searching for
> other fc4 related bugs, and found that sound is a big issue with fc4.
> I'd suggest searching the fedora/redhat site for your specific issues..
> updating your system might also be a good idea, a lot of bugs get fixed
> in the first few rounds of updates.  (man up2date or man yum)
> cheers!
> --Raj.

[snip]

The reason I've included so much data is to indicate that problem is
deeper than something a rudimentary response can solve.  I am came to
OCLUG because I was getting virtually no responses from the Fedora
Sites.  I agree that FC4 does seem to have a lot of sound questions and
few final answers.  I was hoping there was someone on our own OCLUG site
that was a bit of a guru when it comes to sound.

The problem is that I can get sound working -- kinda.  But not well and
not the way it should.

As always Raj, I appreciate your advice. Sound seems to be another
intuitive area in Linux, with no starter manuals explaining what the
various channels and modules are for or how they work.

Regards Bill