Re: [OCLUG-Tech] FC4 & Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (Alsa Mixer)

Thanks Adrian and Andrew;

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 14:21 -0400, Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:34:58PM -0400, William Case wrote:
>
> > If I turn my speakers on I get horrible squawking and static that
> > seems to shadow all my keystrokes etc.

[snip]

> In a PC, this interference should naturally be less, because stuff
> isn't packed so close together.  An onboard soundcard will have some
> noise, though.  How loud is this noise you report?  Is it background
> noise (relatively speaking), or very loud?

Was very load.  Now has returned to FC3 levels (see bottom)

> In your case, I would check the connectors.  Make sure they're pushed
> in *all* the way.  I've seen connectors that don't *look* unplugged
> but are making that same kind of noise; giving them a little extra
> push locks them deep in place and stops the noise.

The usual irony; Fedora/RedHat sent a patch for ALSA this morning by
up2date.  It Solved 80% of the problem but still minor squawks.  I am
going to try your suggestions now.

Regards Bill

P.S. I am using this OCLUG tech mailing list in an un-digest form.  Its
the first time that I haven't used a digest on any list.  If I end up
sending duplications or whatever would you let me know.