[OCLUG-Tech] Dumb Question - getting time back to the HW clock..

I am using Suse 9.1

If I go to a root console and type:
 netdate time.nrc.ca time.chu.nrc.ca

My clock gets put on track. The hardware clock on this machine is about a half hour off. That sets it correctly..(for an acceptable value of correctly)

My Question is
1) what secret incantation do I type to get that now more correct time back into the hardware clock.

2) without risking making the machine unable to connect to the net at all, how to I get it to run the netdate command once every time I dial in to the ISP. I am using the dialer that is part of KDE.

--
Charles MacDonald          Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] TelecomOttawa [ dot ] net    Just Beyond the Fringe