Re: [OCLUG-Tech] reiserfs trouble

Mike Kenzie wrote:

On Saturday 02 April 2005 21:26, Patrick Smith wrote:
Mike wrote:
> Partition /dev/hda5 is mounted with write permissions, cannot check it
> fsck.reiserfs /dev/hda5 failed (status 0x10) run manualy

I think reiserfsck simply refuses to run on a partition that is mounted
read-write.  You should run it with the partition not mounted at all, if
possible, or mounted read-only otherwise.

If this is your root partition, you want things to happen in this order:
- mount it read-only
- fsck
- remount it read-write
When I ran the reiserfsck from rescue and knoppix it was unmounted
Check your startup script(s) and boot options.

boot.device-mapper looks OK
/boot/menu.lst wasn't changed  the new kernel is linked to vmlinuz
Well I just copied everything from the old root to a new partition, modified fstab and menu.lst for grub and I'm getting the same errors.

OT: Any recommendation few a Bike shop that might be open today?
MEC was sold out of locks yesterday.