Re: Reminder of L3GO meeting this evening.

On 2023-03-14 09:25, Alex Pilon wrote:
> On Tue 2023-03-14 08:00:01 -0400, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
> > Reminder of L3GO meeting tonight at 18:30.
> > Red Pepper Thai/Viet restaurant, 246 Queen Street.
>
> Will be there.

TL;DR: I recently learned of Red Pepper hosting convoyites and anti-draggers.
For today, I might suggest we go to Saigon Pho, 232 Bank @Lisgar, 18:30.  We
know them reasonably well.

While I had heard there was potentially a connection between Red Pepper
and the convoy last year, I was not able to confirm it, but I've just learned
of a number of new sources and events that are counter to my values, and I
think the values of a large majority of this list, but in particular, the
regulars who show up at our meetups.  So, with that, I would be quite
uncomfortable continuing to meet there.  Time to find a new venue.

A Reddit comment sub-thread about the convoy anniversary:
	https://old.reddit.com/r/ottawa/comments/10uiirc/for_those_who_want_to_show_up/j7eacmc/
There???s also this twitter thread from Feb 2022. He gets the address wrong in
the first tweet but corrects it at the end. The linked video is clearly on
Queen St.  The owners were willing to break bylaws with fines paid for by these
clients.
	https://twitter.com/MikeDucharme/status/1495850416881426439
That is Rose, one of the owners, at the end of the last video.

Here was the recent link I found, Chris Dacey dancing shirtless at -10C
outside arguing with bylaw enforcement "school of google" lawyering...
	https://www.reddit.com/r/themayormccheese/comments/1155bf6/convoy_supporters_outside_of_the_red_pepper/
I'd also heard someone say that one of the owners was up at the hill for the
anniversary, but I don't remember the source and haven't confirmed it.

The linked video, recognizably from inside Red Pepper.  These are young
religious guys organizing anti-drag protests with a rally in the back room.
	https://m.facebook.com/Dacey.Chris/videos/save-canada-call-to-action/6022151804486504/
The kids in the video are from a group called ???Save Canada???:
	https://www.savecanada.army/

This explains the conversations I've had with Rose about all the private
parties.  I can understand that there are economic decisions that people make
and one of mine is to vote with my dollars.

It is interesting that the Hill Times shares a  building with these folks, the
Swizzles gay bar in the basement, and an unmarked brothel on the 4th floor.
It???s a curious collection of tenants!!

Thanks to my neighbours Simon and Christina (she works for Hill Times) for some
of this info.

  slainte mhath, RGB
--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!