home | list info | list archive | date index | thread index

Re: email service

Just "NorthMail.ca" Ron

On Fri, Oct 2, 2026, 9:42 p.m. Eric Marceau via linux <
linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org> wrote:

> Eric, could you share the link to the 99c site?
>
> I can't seem to locate them via Google search. :-(
>
> Thank you,
>
> Eric M.
>
>
> On 2026-10-02 19:08, Eric Brackenbury via linux wrote:
>
> Thanks Ron
> I went with 99c as I want to support Canadian, also the benefits appear
> good.
> If I can remember I will get back here in a month or so.
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2026, 6:48 p.m. Ron via linux <linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org>
> wrote:
>
>> Eric Brackenbury via linux wrote on 2026-10-02 15:02:
>>
>> I am trying Northmail, does anyone have a point of veiw on them?
>>
>> Looks much more promising than Bluenose Mail:
>>
>>    1. A free tier @ 1GB storage
>>    2. 2FA (I wonder what is backing it - Keycloak perhaps?)
>>    3. Aliases (Ad-free tier only)
>>    4. IMAP & SMTP settings on FAQ are only for Ad-Free (paid) accounts,
>>    so ... free tier is webmail only?
>>    5. Nextcloud backend for *DAV, etc.
>>
>>
>> All in all, this service looks like it can provide most features expected
>> by most users.
>>
>> Let us know how it goes. Are you trying free tier or ad-free tier?
>>
>

message navigation