Re: Is a faster micro sd worth getting for R Pi?

Oops, my bad! The correct link is here: https://www.pishop.ca/product/microsd-card-extreme-pro-32-gb-class-10-blank/
/Dmitriy

On Wed, Oct 16 2024 at 12:08:44 AM -0400, Dmitriy Korovkin via linux <linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org> wrote:
John and colleagues,
From my experience, the SanDisk Extreme Pro gave me the least problems with good bootup and upgrade speed. Just in case, it is available at PiShop (https://www.pishop.ca/product/microsd-card-extreme-32-gb-class-10-blank-1/)

Just my 2 cents,
/Dmitriy

On Tue, Oct 15 2024 at 05:09:20 PM -0400, Nash JC - NCF via linux <linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org> wrote:
https://www.tomshardware.com/best-picks/raspberry-pi-microsd-cards

talks about different micro sd cards for the Pi. I've been noting much more buffering on my "TV box" Pi. This doesn't happen on an old 2015 Asus Zenbook (lots of RAM and
a decent processor as well as SSD, but cracked screen).

Wondering if the Lexar 64GB 633X CL10 Micro SDXC would be a good choice. Staples
currently has for $14. It's a V30 version according to the label.

Comments from Pi fans?

Cheers, JN