File Management Tutorial

Apologies for those on NCF who might see this in the help discussion where I posted the msg.

Over the years I've been very interested in tools to facilitate better computer file management. Recently I came across a tutorial that we gave several times in the 1980s in Canada and New Zealand and decided to bring it up to date. A lot has changed over time in the tools, but much less in the concepts. The tutorial is at
HTTPS://WEB.NCF.CA/NASHJC/FILEMANAGEMENT/FM2023.PDF

The discussion tries to be platform-agnostic, though as a Linux user, I get limited practice with Windows and almost none with Mac, but tools I've encountered are mentioned, and I have tried to include equivalents for each platform if they are different.

I consider the tutorial a work-in-progress, and welcome (courteous!) comments, suggestions and queries at nashjc _at_ ncf.ca.

JN