OCLUG meeting Thursday March 2nd 2023

When: 7pm Thursday March 2nd 2023
Where: https://meet.jit.si/oclug_2023-03-02_reMarkable

Check the mailing list for individuals hosting in person clusters.

This month Jean-Francois gives a presentation on reMarkable2 on linux, the (alleged) "next-generation paper tablet"

The standard request for volunteers to give talks, short or long, for future meetings - If you have a presentation or demo you'd be comfortable sharing with the group, or a discussion topic you wish to introduce, then please let us know.

In addition to Jean-Francois's presentation, if time allows, I will continue the partially covered discussion topic about security.

I had prepared a brief introduction to my questions, with a view to steering this discussion last month, but decided to let it evolve naturally. I will attempt a more focussed approach this month, and the group can decide which approach is preferred.

Privacy, Secrecy, Security, and Accessibility
- Privacy - initiated by a couple of emails about this club's privacy rules.
- Privacy vs Secrecy - something we do, but don't talk about, vs something we don't want people to know we do.
- Privacy vs Security - moral intent vs technical competence
- Security vs Accessibility - PGP on your phone, medical records on the internet.

Also, in response to suggestions for an fixed meeting link, the (perhaps invalid) historical reason for this is to reduce the risk of unwanted intrusion in our online meetings. This point also belongs to this discussion on security.

See you on Thursday

Tug