Re: Follow up on last night's Twitter / Mastodon talk

https://wiki.linux-ottawa.org/doku.php?id=meetingpresentations2022

or you can go straight to the mastodon's mouth... https://docs.joinmastodon.org/

I'd recommend the mastodon's mouth.

Tug

On 04/11/2022 11:26, Katherine Mcmillan wrote:
Hi Tug,

Thank you very much for your presentation and for this follow-up - I found it fascinating.  I am interested in finding ways to leverage Mastodon; I like the whole "fediverse" concept.  Would you be able to share the slide with me where you broke down "federated" vs. "distributed" vs. "centralized"?

If you have a couple of free minutes, I recommend checking out the song "Carmen" by Stromae.

I agree that charging for the "blue ticks" makes them totally pointless.

Do you think we should make a Mastodon for the OCLUG? Should we offer to make one for Twitter itself (does anyone here have a Twitter and can send Elon a message)?

Cheers,
Katie