Re: Details for tomorrow's meeting ?

See below.

On Wed, 2022-10-05 at 23:46 -0400, Dmitriy Korovkin wrote:
> As far as I am concern, on-line. John will post the announcement.
>
> Regards,
> /Dmitriy
>
> On Wed, 5 Oct, 2022 at 11:18 PM, Jean-Francois Messier <jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca> wrote:
> > In-person, or only online ? And how to connect ? Thanks :-)
> >
> > Jean-Francois Messier
> > jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca

> > To get help send a blank message to linux+help [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org
> > To visit the archives: https://lists.linux-ottawa.org

It looks like my message:

>  From Board Mtg on Monday, I am surmising we are going to do a virtual meeting
> (though possibly with informal "clusters" if there are folk so interested in
> gathering around a cosy laptop) on home automation.
>
> Presenters: Dmitriy Korovkin
>              R G Briggs
>              ?? any others
>
> I can put up an announcement and send out email. However, I'll be likely
> returning to Ottawa on the night of meeting, and leaving early in the
> week, so should get the announcement done soon.
>
> Can I ask for a 1-3 sentence promotional description for those willing
> to present something?
>
> On another matter, please note that due to Microsoft authentication changes
> that uOttawa seems unwilling to manage so Thunderbird can connect, I'll be
> using nashjc [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca for my personal email, with profjcnash [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com
> for public communications on lists etc. I won't close the nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca
> identity, but using web outlook confirms why I like open source solutions.
> Unfortunately, I've too much history with the uottawa identity to abandon it,
> and hope that situation will resolve at some point.
>
> JN

sent on Sept 28, and I got no reply before I left early Tues morning. I saw Dmitri's
response just now.

I have just in last 1/2 hour returned from Eileen Gowan Island in Lake Muskoka. No
Internet. So I have NOT set anything up because I have another organization meeting
to attend at same time tonight.

My suggestion is that we postpone to next month.

Really, guys. I'm 1 person, not Linux-Ottawa, and I'm feeling lonely.

JN