Re: Future meeting

To lean towards the positive, any advocacy for Linux and/or open source needs good
examples of successes. My experience has been that most of the blockage of FLOSS
solutions has been unrelated to technical or managerial merit and has arisen much
as any competition for a contract. Hence my mention of RTG and the Ottawa LRT.
While it can be entertaining (not to say annoying) to review case histories of such
setbacks for FLOSS, if we are to have a positive influence, we need to present good
cases and good arguments.

Can I suggest that list members respond with links to such examples? It will help
to motivate the organization of a meeting. We certainly can use some kick-start
to get going again.

Best,

John Nash