Re: Issue with "corrupted disk"?

It might not be a big with ZFS.  I was thinking it could be a bug with the BIOS or the OS which are both different from your original system.
-------- Original message --------From: Charles Nadeau <charles [ dot ] nadeau [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> Date: 2022-05-13  6:20 a.m.  (GMT-05:00) To: howellan [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com Cc: James <bjlockie [ at ] lockie [ dot ] ca>, linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org Subject: Re: [linux] Issue with "corrupted disk"? Andrew,I lost the array when I tried to import it (but I had a backup). I rebuilt another array from 4 of the 5 disks and had no problems. The biggest disk of the array is a 5TB. I do not know how ZFS could have this kind of bug, I have an 8 disks array in another server.I did a check for bad sectors of my 6TB and couldn't find any. I thought that maybe I had a bad sector where the partition table is stored.Any ideas, even crazy ones, are welcome. I'd rather fix this myself than return the disks.Thanks!CharlesLe jeu. 12 mai 2022, à 23 h 22, <howellan [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com> a écrit :Hey Charles. I don’t know about the error you’re seeing, but I’m suspicious that you had the same issue with 2 different disks in a row.  Are the other 5 disks from the array still connected?  If so, try removing them.  You may have found a “too many drives” bug in your new system.Also, if your old system is available, you could try to recover the drives in there (ie, roll back the upgrade).  At least you’d have a stable system to work from.Andrew Howell From: Charles Nadeau <charles [ dot ] nadeau [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2022 10:46 AMTo: James <bjlockie [ at ] lockie [ dot ] ca>Cc: linux@linux-ottawa.orgSubject: Re: [linux] Issue with "corrupted disk"? James, I already tried connecting the corrupted drive to another port. It doesn't change a thing. After ruining 2 drives with this port, I am avoiding it.When I tried "sudo hdparm -Np11721045168 --yes-i-know-what-i-am-doing /dev/sda", it was already connected to another port.Thanks! Charles Le jeu. 12 mai 2022, à 16 h 42, James <bjlockie [ at ] lockie [ dot ] ca> a écrit :I have no idea if that could be the cause but try the bad disks in different sata ports.  -- Charles Nadeau Ph.D.http://charlesnadeau.blogspot.com/-- Charles Nadeau Ph.D.http://charlesnadeau.blogspot.com/