From: Katherine Mcmillan <kmcmi046 [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 8:53:17 PM
To: John Brooks <john [ at ] fastquake [ dot ] com>; Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca>
Cc: Rick Leir <rleir [ at ] leirtech [ dot ] com>; linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org <linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org>
Subject: Re: [linux] open source chat

Hi there,

I love the enthusiasm on this list :)

To Rob: For speech-to-text I would highly recommend perusing: https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/ASR

I think we could leverage BigBlueButton for this too!
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xiW32NMctA&ab_channel=3ESoftwareSolutions
-https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/blob/4e59f1e881e610b4c627a84ffd154fda974553b3/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/ui/components/captions/service.js#L78
-https://github.com/bigbluebutton/speech_to_text

I think we would have to try it out to see how it works with French - I agree that this would be amazing!

Sincerely,
Katie