Re: Upgrading Older Desktop to Linux Mint 20.3

  • Subject: Re: Upgrading Older Desktop to Linux Mint 20.3
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 18:27:57 +0000 (UTC)
Hi David,
Others know more than I, but now that the Linux bootloader is in use, you should be able to add the old installation.
First you need to check what software is controlling your bootup.
Google will help from there.

You want to add a new entry for the original disk, with the right partition info, plus paths to some bootup files and folders.

Rob
- Who hasn't done this for a few years.