Hi 5 for Scripting night

Our annual scripting night was, as usual, a great opportunity to exchange
ideas and learn.

Several people asked questions about my attempts to shrink pdf files and I've
shared my scripts and tests, which are iterating to more capable ones i.e., more
error checking. The questions and (other people's) answers help in that
direction.

Scott showed how he has scripted the monthly creation of our Jitsi "machine",
and how this keeps the cost per meeting to the level of cents by not leaving
that machine active.

Ian! Allen entertained and informed with bash features. -u will become my friend.
Amusements in the form of figlet, toilet and sl could be fun for seasonal screen
decorations.

RGB showed how most of us will never really use git to the fullest unless we
become alias aliens.

I've put a short write-up of my notes on the wiki, and urge others (including
those who didn't present) to add material. If you don't have a wiki login,
either ask or send material to me or other members.

Cheers, JN