Re: Linux Mint networking problem

Quoting Callie Jones <calypsoraven [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>:

internet connection disabled following update installation. Unfortunately
it happened today without update installation. I was in the midst of my
work this morning and suddenly the screen froze and that was it. Then the
message that internet connection was disabled appeared in the upper right
corner.  I turned the system off, then turned back on but no luck.

Is this a wired or wireless internet connection?  If it's a wired ethernet
connection can you check to see if the link light is on?

If I was there I might be able to try some more diagnostics, but I'm not
near Ottawa.

If that doesn't work, maybe you can try booting Linux Mint from USB stick
to see if the internet works from there.

Tom