Linux-Ottawa AGM - Thursday April 1, 2021 @ 19:00

Reminder:

Our AGM is April 1. If you do not expect to be there, please provide a proxy
so we don’t have to keep announcing it if we do not have a quorum. Proxy
instructions are below, along with a sample. We can also handle an additional
board member so if someone wants to be part of coordinating the group,
self-nomination is permitted. Send an email to:

with your nomination.

The target number we need is 15 people/proxies. This wasreduced from 25 at
the 2020 AGM due to the amount of effort to get people to attend.

Our monthly meetings have been getting close to this number, so it appears to be a
Reasonable number. Please either attend or send your proxy.

The current slate is:

Bruce Davis
Ian Gorman
Scott Murphy
John Nash
Tug Williams

We don’t have much to discuss, as we have been virtual for a year now:

No real spending (~1.00/meeting for virtual server fees)
No income
No events
Monthly Meetings via Jitsi

=======================================
NOTE: An additional email will cover the April talks.
=======================================

-----------------------------
Proxy Instructions…
-----------------------------

Proxies can be registered by sending an email to either John Nash (john dot
nash at uottawa dot ca) or Scott Murphy (scott dot murphy at linux dash ottawa
dot org) prior to 17:00 on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 so that we have a record
prior to the election. The email should be in the form of the example in the
bylaws, replicated below:

----cut——

OTTAWA CANADA LINUX USERS GROUP Proxy Appointment

The undersigned member of the OTTAWA CANADA LINUX USERS GROUP hereby
appoints _________________________ of _________________________ or
failing in person appointed above, _________________________ of
_________________________ as the proxy of the undersigned to attend and
act at the OCLUG meeting to be held on the day of _________________________,
and at any adjournment thereof in the same manner, to the same extent and
with the same power as if the undersigned were present.

Dated this day of _________________________.

Legal name of Member: _________________________.

Email address of Member: _________________________.

—cut—

At the request of another board member to ensure the above makes sense,
the following is an example of filled out example would look something like:

OTTAWA CANADA LINUX USERS GROUP Proxy Appointment

The undersigned member of the OTTAWA CANADA LINUX USERS GROUP hereby
appoints Scott Murphy of Ottawa or failing in person appointed above,
John Nash of Ottawa as the proxy of the undersigned to attend and
act at the OCLUG meeting to be held on the day of April 9, 2020,
and at any adjournment thereof in the same manner, to the same extent and
with the same power as if the undersigned were present.

Dated this day of _March_31,_2021_.

Legal name of Member: _Tux_T._Penguin_.

Email address of Member: _tux@linux-ottawa.org_.