Re: how to have a local directory somewhere under an NFS mount?

hm interesting question. I tried locally out of curiosity and it seems to work.

/mnt/chris is NFS

# sudo mount --bind /home/chris/test-files/ /mnt/chris/tmp/

# mount | grep chris
//172.24.1.10/chris on /mnt/chris type cifs
/dev/nvme0n1p4 on /mnt/chris/tmp type ext4

# cd /mnt/chris/tmp/
now shows the local files.

Unsure how permissions/gid/uid would work in this case though. Do you get the CIFS-enforced ones or the mounted directory ones? Mine matched before the mount.