November 2020 Meeting - 2020-11-05 @ 19:00

When: Thursday, November 5, 2020
Time: 19:00
Where: jitsi video conference

As per our new normal, we will utilize jitsi for our meeting.

This month we have three short talks on the topic of e-voting.
The first will be from John on e-voting systems thenselves.
The second from Scott on experiences with a specific evoting system.
The third will be from Tug on open vs. closed source e-voting systems.
Discussion and questions welcome.

As a reminder, we have scheduled a scripting talk for the December meeting for the past couple of years and we intend to continue the tradition, so if anyone is interested in doing a short ~5 minute talk on some scripting aspect, feel free to let the secretary (<secretary> at <linux-ottawa.org>) know that you are interested so we can line them up.

It can be about anything, something new you have discovered, a problem you are having, etc.

Meeting Details:

The meeting URL will now be a fixed URL, https://six.linux-ottawa.org and
should be up for connection by 18:30 on meeting nights and will vanish shortly
after the meeting has concluded. The codewords that you need will also be
predictable so that you no longer need the email with them to join. Hopefully
you are on the mailing list so you will know the pattern. At this time, we
will be using LinuxOttawaYYYYMMDD

Rules/Procedures/Common-Sense:

Similar to last time, your output video and audio will be disabled when
you join. In order to make sure the experience is a reasonable one for
all involved, the presenter will share their screen-window-whatever they
are comfortable with and you will see it quite clearly. Rather than
unmute, pressing your space bar is supposed to unmute your microphone
while pressed, so you can try that to ask questions. There is also the
chat window, but when it is active it obscures part of the screen. Feel
free to post questions and as opportunity presents itself and the
presenter notices, they will get answered. After the presentation is
completed, feel free to unmute and have a normal voice/video Q&A.

message navigation