Brother TN450 toner cartridge

I had smudged images so did cleanup, followed instructions to clean corona wire
and and replaced the toner cartridge on my Brother HL2270DW printer.

Images just got cleaned up after about a dozen pages over a few days. Then it stopped
after 1/2 page with a jam and drum and error light. Cleared everything out (1 sheet, seemed
to be intact), retried. Same.

Repeated removal and took out paper and duplex tray and checked with light. No paper or
hairs. Tried a test page. Did not even get paper started when it stopped with the drum
and error lights. I suspect sensor or control board gone.

1) If anyone has expertise that may help, do tell.

2) If someone can use the cartridge, let me know. It was fresh and is the high-capacity
one according to the advertisements. May as well be used rather than sent to the Staples
toner box.

3) Suggestions for replacement duplex laser (monochrome). Walmart has a Lexmark B2236DW
at $137 (order and pickup), but I've no idea of value for money for it.

JN