December Meeting: 2019-12-05 @ 18:30

Location: We will be in the Centennial Library, starting at 18:30.

We will be in this location until January of 2020. The Centennial Library is at
3870 Old Richmond Rd. in Bells Corners. Bus routes 88, 9, and 256 are listed as
servicing that area. Note that we will be done by 20:30, as this library closes
earlier than the other location.

Discussions:

- Possible venue change - hopefully a quick discussion.

- This is our annual Scripting Night meeting.
  - Scott Murphy will start with an open discussion about scripting, all are
    welcome to join in. Bring questions, ideas, etc. Remember, scripting does
    not just mean bash scripts. Feel free to talk about any scripting language
    you wish. Here are a few that begin with ā€˜pā€™:
    - Pascal Script
    - Perl
    - PHP
    - PowerShell
    - Python

  - We will have a few board members discuss things they use scripting to
    assist with.

We also have to set and tear down, so we need to finish a few minutes early to
be out of the room for 20:30

There will be a half hour pre-meeting item from 18:00 to 18:30 for people who
are new to Linux, have general questions, or wish to help out with people just
getting started.

After the meeting, there could be an optional social event at one of the nearby
pubs or restaurants. A short discussion and vote as to location will be taken
then.

After the talks, there will be the opportunity for a GPG key signing. This is a
monthly offering, just look for Scott after the talk and we can go from there.
Bring some kind of photo ID and some keyslips if you expect people to sign your
key. If you need some method of creating pages of keyslips, there is an online
slip generator available at http://openpgp.quelltextlich.at/slip.html

Note: New speakers welcome. If you have a topic or know someone who may have a
good topic for a meeting, feel free to suggest it to the board.