Re: if starting with Go, any reason not to go straight to Go 1.13?

  • Subject: Re: if starting with Go, any reason not to go straight to Go 1.13?
  • From: Rick Leir <rleir [ at ] leirtech [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 10:25:52 -0400
In my experience with software businesses, when you have a new project you want it finished by yesterday. The programmer in me says the first cut at the code will get thrown out or should be. Even if you were talking of python 2.7 and 3.0 I would say get started and plan for a possible upgrade ( which might never happen, business considerations often dictate staying with the existing or previous version).
YMMV -- Rick