Re: rsync processes that fill up root disk

Ps - -pid 123
Where 123 is the pid.
Maybe that shows the command line.

On May 13, 2019 8:17:29 PM ProfJCNash <profjcnash [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> wrote:

After a couple of weeks away, I restarted my tower machine and soon
experienced "very low disk" messages. Restarting gave a login prompt
(normally no password necessary) but password would NOT work.

I booted with USB and cleared some space (my own stuff moved off to
an external drive) and was down to 75% used after rebooting. But after
a while, full again.

top shows two rsync processes owned by root that kill and kill -9 won't
stop ("operation not permitted").

Ideas?

JN