Re: Re: dealing with bad blocks?

Well that was disappointing.  Booted from a live Ubuntu USB and it took
about 8 hours to run badblocks on everything - nothing was found.

So next steps will be to try different SATA ports on the MoBo as someone
suggested.

I also have  another similar horsepower computer I just bought from someone
that has no HDs so I may try that as well.

Odd that this would all start with an OS reinstall though, which makes me
suspicious of HW issues on the mobo or elsewhere.

I also got this similar error message to the original one posted, but about
radeon which suggests the graphics card which suggests afterall a mobo
issue of some sort

https://imgur.com/gallery/33afTD4