Hardware sources redux

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions on where to acquire hardware. Since I don't need portability and am leery of buying used gear, I got quotes on a custom OS-less desktop system from Canada Computers and RB Computing. In the end, I opted to go with RB for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I've dealt with them before - that's where I bought my current system than I want to mothball, nine years ago this month. For some reason I had the impression that RB had disappeared, but it turns out that they're still very much alive and kicking. I splurged a bit on a 1TB SDD, but the system is otherwise pretty vanilla (Asus ATX mobo w/i5-8600 cpu & 8GB DDR4 ram, and an HDD for mirroring). When I get it this coming week, I'll see how openSUSE Tumbleweed rolls along on it.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  Ottawa, ON