Re: Hardware sources?

On Mon, 03 Dec 2018 11:58:17 -0500
Barry McLarnon <bm [ at ] topazdesigns [ dot ] com> wrote:

> My Linux desktop system is getting rather long in the tooth and has
> some stability issues, so I'm looking to replace it.  It seems that
> the number of local sources for barebones PCs has dwindled almost to
> nothing since the last time I bought any hardware, and I'm looking
> for recommendations.

I've had good luck with RB Computing: https://www.shoprbc.com/ca/index.php

I usually start with one of their preconfigured systems and then
customize it.  (I alway put two drives in RAID-1 configuration in my
desktop boxes, for example.)

> Also, is there any particular hardware, especially graphics, that I
> should avoid due to iffy Linux support?

I haven't encountered problematic hardware in a long time.  But you
could ask the folks at RB Computing, if you decide to buy from there.

Regards,

Dianne.