Re: [OCLUG-Tech] recommendations for decent, online blockchain tutorials?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] recommendations for decent, online blockchain tutorials?
  • From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 00:20:43 -0500
On 2018-01-29 13:38, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   a couple friends who are business-savvy but not tech-savvy have
> asked me to explain blockchains to them, and i'm embarrassed to admit
> i haven't dug into that deeply, so i figured i might as well figure it
> out ... i've found a number of what look like passable online
> tutorials, wondering if anyone here has some personal recommendations.

This isn't the sort of tutorial you were seeking, but seems like a good time to
post them:

	http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2018/01/02/why-bitcoin-is-stupid/

This first guy was a high tech guy here in Ottawa with neighbourhood ties
within 2km of me who retired in his 30s and now lives in the USA with his young
family.

This second is a link posted by a long time friend to a local open source in
government list:

	https://heisenbergreport.com/2017/12/23/one-ceo-goes-there-what-if-blockchain-is-useless/

My own disclosure is that I bought $60 worth of BTC at an ATM in Nov 2013 as a
technical investment and it peaked at $3500.  I don't currently have plans to
sell it.

> rday

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!