Re: [OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG Membership

This response is a bit late, but since no one else seems
to have publicly answered:

On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 02:56:09PM +0000, Robert Venczel wrote:

> My name is Robert Venczel and I'm the founder of a local
> cybersecurity startup. I would like to become a member of OCLUG and
> have my email address added to your mailing list.

You can sign up yourself, see the end of the email.
It's a mailman mailing list.

We're not a super formal organization - we only worry about
membership when we have to hold a legal vote.

Did we ever dissolve the corporation?  It was under discussion.

"Members" are just people who show up to the meetings, and/or
participate on the mailing list.

Were you at the meeting last week?  I had to get home right
after the meeting so didn't talk to everyone.

Meetings are generally the first Thursday of the month.
NOTE however that at the beginning of the semester (like
in January) the meeting might be the second Thursday of
the month because the school cannot assign rooms to
non-school activities before they figure out their semester
schedule.  So for the January meeting exact time and place,
stay tuned.

> Also, we need some help with the image we use for our Linux
> Debianserver (see www.catchwire.net). Could you please recommend
> someone who has both Linux and networking experience? If the person
> also have cybersecurity expertise even better, but that is not
> mandatory.

I will let the people who know speak for themselves.  But, you
could get some results by asking your actual question right in
the list.  There is surprising depth of knowledge among the
readers here and when they answer questions like this we all
learn something.

> Thank you for your help!

Thanks for your interest!