Re: [OCLUG-Tech] WPA2 vulnerability

On 2017-10-18 16:30, John Nash wrote:
> Via ACM, I came across
>
> https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/severe-flaw-in-wpa2-protocol-leaves-wi-fi-traffic-open-to-eavesdropping/
>
> I'm wondering if anyone would give a lightning talk about this for the November meeting.
>
> Also if anyone has done any patching because of this yet. I'm looking around for patches and updates. Such
> information certainly would be a good thing to appear on the oclug website/wiki and if we have solid and
> useful information, to publicize the group.

I've never depended on wireless security in favour of securing things at upper
layers.  The only reason I started putting a password on my wireless networks
was to avoid problems with the law from someone sitting in a car in front of my
house downloading kiddie-porn through my link.

> Best, JN

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!