Re: [OCLUG-Tech] asterix + pots + raspberry pi = good ?

On 26/09/17 12:56 PM, Peter Meyer wrote:
> Hi Peter:
>
> I have a raspberry Pi2 runing as a PBX at home.  I am using a pre-built
> image from http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/.
I just did the same - installed raspbx on a RPI3 to play with.
After some head scratching I managed to get outgoing calls to work with
my start.com voip, need to do some more reading before incoming works also.

> My single POTS line is
> connected to a Cisco (
> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/spa112-2-port-phone-adapter/index.html)
> which you can find for under $CDN50.
That one can only handle FXS (voip to analog phone), I need FXO
(incoming telco line) for this setup.
For single line use at home I think cisco/linksys SPA3000 would be good
(https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32620910048.html)

For the target installation I need 3 POTS/PTSN/Telco/incoming line and
SPA400 is my candidate for that
(https://www.aliexpress.com/item//32813887826.html)

> This system works really really well.  It also hosts up to 4 soft phones
> (cellphones running Zoiper) which each have their own extensions.  Calls
> coming in ring to he the POTs and then to the cellphones while they are on
> the home WIFI network.
>
> An alternative if you don't need "business" extensions on the phone system
> (call transfer/ring groups) is to directly connect the Cisco/ATA box to a
> service such as sipStation or Voip.ms.  All the call management is handled
> remotely and is quite configurable.
The incoming lines are in a huntgroup (or whatever it's called, if one
line is busy it uses next) so I may need some business extension.

Besides that I need to read up on how to configure asterisk/freepbx for
voip I also need to figure out how to handle the existing phones. How to
configure the buttons and so on. This will take some trial and error and
to make it harder I currently have no hardware to play with so it's all
software voip on linux/cell plus raspbx and my voip/sip connection to
start.com.

/ps