Re: [OCLUG-Tech] need some advice on how to prune my current wiki so i can move it

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] need some advice on how to prune my current wiki so i can move it
  • From: Rick Leir <rleir [ at ] leirtech [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 19:04:23 -0400
Robert: You could do a select count (*) from table; for tables you think might be large. Or select * from table limit 2; to see the first two rows of a table and decide how 'heavy' a row is.

Mysqlworkbench is good for browsing. And does the wiki have a control panel other than cpanel?

Then you will start deleting rows when you see what is in there! Maybe delete older stuff with delete from table where createdate lt 2015/01/01
(Sorry, I have the syntax wrong on that for sure and I do not know your field names).

The log files will be large if you have not been rotating them.

But 10G is not much in these days of terabyte disks. Save some time by letting it be.
Cheers -- Rick