[OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG "distro" -- or working out a recipe for an Arch-based live USB

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG "distro" -- or working out a recipe for an Arch-based live USB
  • From: J C Nash <profjcnash [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 22:04:27 -0500
For those interested, I'm hosting OCLUG folk interested in learning how to build a usable
liveUSB based on Arch. This will be a mutual help session -- I've managed to build live
CD and USB before, but mostly following recipes without totally understanding them.

Goals: create documentation and recipe for

- live USB which will boot legacy and EFI, 32 and 64 bit (we have a very minimal example)
- adding functionality -- remastering

When: Sat March 4 from 2 p.m.
Where: 18 Spyglass Ridge, Stittsville
       if you get lost, phone is 613 831 1656

We could set up a chat session for those who are interested but can't physically come.

Let me know if you are interested in coming, participating on chat, or want to keep in
touch on the topic, but cannot be involved this time.

Cheers, John Nash

message navigation