Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Anyone know of an open source rack monitoring project?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Anyone know of an open source rack monitoring project?
  • From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 10:09:28 -0400
On 16/09/21, Alan McKay wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hi Alan,

> I am looking at possibly using 1-wire stuff with rPi to put together a
> system that will send SNMP traps for different physical events in the
> datacenter.   Like door-open and what-not.  Maybe add some 1-wire
> temperature sensors.
>
> I did a fair bit of googling last night (over an hour) and could not
> find anything existing specific to this.  I might be interested in
> starting such a project though I'd really like to know for sure first
> whether or not there is something existing.  I'd sooner support an
> existing project than start my own.

This isn't exactly what you are seeking, but I'm interested in the same
things you are and looking to continue development of what I've already
done:
	http://tricolour.net/smart_panel.html
I've got water meters and solenoid valves to add water monitoring...
I have yet to upload my code to github.

There is also a project that three of us at CREDIL.org are working on to
add a control element to the monitoring, called "protein".  We've got
several prototypes made and just had a run of 10 PCBs made:
	https://code.credil.org/projects/protein

Contributions to either project would be welcome.  They are intended to
be open hardware.

> -Alan

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!