Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Anyone know of an open source rack monitoring project?

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Rick Leir <rleir [ at ] leirtech [ dot ] com> wrote:
> Wikipedia mentions OWFS, 1_wire file system. Maybe that could be a starting point.

Yeah actually I am familiar with that.   In my last job at the Ottawa
Hospital Research Institute I
had a high school coop for 6 weeks and he implemented a rack
temperature probe system
based on OWFS, 1-wire, and a 1-wire USB dongle plugged into a linux
box.  I actually
spent a fair bit of time last night looking for his code on GitHub
because I know we
encouraged him to open source it and I know he put it there.  But I
could not find it.
It was python based.

--
"You should sit in nature for 20 minutes a day.
 Unless you are busy, then you should sit for an hour"