[OCLUG-Tech] Dropbox issues?

Yesterday night Ian Gorman showed results of NCF line testing with a
Raspberry Pi test rig. His graphs showed some slowdown getting material
from Dropbox. During the daytime, my wife and I wanted to share some
photos with a family member, but neither of us could access our Dropbox
accounts, and I found a set of postings that there was an issue, at
least with Linux Mint. See e.g.,
https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204590143-Tray-icon-not-responding-linux-mint-17-3

Given that Dropbox is widely used, I'm wondering if anyone on the list
has some understanding of the status of Dropbox for Linux and/or
particular distros. While Ian's figures were a hint of something, when I
mentioned my experience, it appeared to be news to the group. So if
someone does have knowledge about this, I expect it would be of some
interest to the list.

For info, we worked around our problem using securelysend.com, which
worked fine, though I would only use it for non-critical and
non-sensitive files.

Cheers, JN