Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Possible topic for presentation tomorrow night

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Possible topic for presentation tomorrow night
  • From: jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 20:58:44 +0000
 Good. I'll try to make a *short* presentation as well, à la Powerpoint.

Quoting Scott Murphy <scott [ dot ] murphy [ at ] arrow-eye [ dot ] com>:

Sounds good to me. I’m pretty sure there will be interest.

On Jul 6, 2016, at 4:18 PM, jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca wrote:

I know this is quite late for such announcement, but I just found out
now that I will have the car to attend tomorrow's meeting.

If there is time for this, I could present, all interactively, the new
Pine64 board, that was put on Kickstarter.com sometime ago already. I
received it not long ago and got it working with Remix OS 2 as well as
Android X86, both running under Linux, as everyone knows.

I have the board and two microSd cards that have the software
installed. If I could start from USB, I would also have some Linux
Distro, but this is not possible yet.

The Linux distro that I played with has been erased to put Remix OS on
it.

I know I can attend the meeting tomorrow night (July 7th), but I am
unsure about August or other months after, since my son will likely
need a ride for his sport events.

Just let me know if this is something of interest.
If there is a demand, I will wipe Android X86 for Linux Mate, although
it's not perfect yet.