[OCLUG-Tech] Pure NFS 4 mounts

Has anybody ever gotten pure NFS 4 mounts working?

I've got rpc.nfsd -N 2 -N 3 running. idmapd is also running. Nothing
else. They are not required according, both according to the official
man page---nfs(5), and also as per RHEL, CentOS, etc documentation.

Either the mount binary stupidly tries to start the statd service, or it
sends packets, UDP at that (What!? This is NFS4!) to port 111.

I'm starting to wonder whether the documentation is lying to me, or this
is just so buggy and people never bothered to test it because they still
like supporting insane things like NFS 3.

Regards,

Alex Pilon