[OCLUG-Tech] suggestions for M.2-format PCIe SSD drive for new laptop?

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] suggestions for M.2-format PCIe SSD drive for new laptop?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 09:14:10 -0500
  now that i resolved the issue i was having with the M.2 SSD drive i
bought for my new laptop (had SATA interface, laptop takes PCIe), any
recommendations on such things, either locally or online?

  i know they're not going to be cheap -- PCIe interface seems to run
about double the price of equivalent SATA drive but they're allegedly
*way* faster -- i can see NCIX has this:

http://www.ncix.com/detail/samsung-950-pro-512gb-m-2-30-118219.htm

(frighteningly, my new laptop has two slots ... oh, the temptation)

  anyway, are there other sources i should be checking out? is that
a reasonable price for that drive? and so on and so on.

rday