[OCLUG-Tech] Hauppage Win TV 950Q on Linux / R-Pi

I recently got a Raspberry Pi to run videos and music. Running
OpenELEC, which I'll talk about on Thurday. However, I also acquired
a Hauppage Win TV 950Q antenna -> USB2 dongle. This tests out on
Windows (10), but so far has not even lit up the connection leds
on the Pi or other Linux machines, including the one that has Win10
as dual boot.

There's a lot of chatter on various forums about how to get it
running, but much of this is "this worked for me" with other folk
still struggling. If there's anyone in the group with experience of
similar devices, I'd welcome a chance to exchange ideas. I'll suggest
off-list (my main email is nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca). When/if I get success,
I'll post my experiences, hopefully so any success is reproducible.

Cheers, JN