Re: [OCLUG-Tech] i suspect it's unlikely, but has anyone here taken docker courses?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] i suspect it's unlikely, but has anyone here taken docker courses?
  • From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 06:45:51 -0400
On 15/08/01, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i just got a request from a major client to teach one or more
> courses in docker, which is ironic as i'm currently pre-pub editing an
> upcoming book on that very topic:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Docker-Containers-Start-Enterprise-Series/dp/013413656X
>
> so i'm curious ... anyone on this list ever taken an actual course in
> docker from a training vendor? can i ask what you thought of it? i had
> already half-designed an intro docker course based on my editing, but
> i'm certainly curious as to the quality of other docker courses out
> there.

No idea about docker courses...  Closest I come is kernel audit subsystem
modifications to enable the audit daemon to be run in a container without
compromising the audit daemon running in the initial namespaces.  This needs to
be well understood and carefully coded to ensure complete isolation between
containers, some of which could be running an entire userspace distro sharing a
kernel with other distros.

>   as i said, i suspect most of this list is not the target audience
> for an intro course on that topic, so i won't be surprised if no one
> out there has ever taken such a course.
>
> rday

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!