Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Using Thunderbird with Exchange Server

On 07/01/15 15:21, Prof J C Nash (U30A) wrote:
I've been using davmail now for several days.

That looks nice.
  I found a very simple
tutorial (I only used the email bit) at

http://nknu.net/ubuntu-14-04-exchange-configuration-thunderbird-pidgin/

This is now working on 2 machines.

Best, JN

On 15-07-01 02:15 PM, James wrote:

On 06/28/15 10:21, Prof J C Nash (U30A) wrote:
uOttawa is moving to email only on Exchange Server. For reasons I do not
fully comprehend, IMAP will be dropped in next few months.

As far as I can determine, my options are
   - Evolution (which I've found awkward for my workflow)
   - Exquilla add-in for Tbird (not free - seems to be $10 per year). I'd
like to avoid being dependent on a commercial enterprise in this way.
   - DavMail

I'm leaning towards Davmail. If anyone has used it, I'd be interested in
off-list exchange of ideas.

Thanks,

JN

Exquilla is free.
Some additional features are pay.
I think it uses the webmail interface in Exchange.
But it has stopped working (I think it is Exchange's fault or rather the
people that administer it at my work).
The only thing that is supported at my work is running Exchange in the
provided Windows VDI (or Exchange webmail).
Every other way of accessing Exchange else is prone to frequent breakages.