[OCLUG-Tech] centos php issue / possibly SELinux

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] centos php issue / possibly SELinux
  • From: "Prof J C Nash (U30A)" <nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 18:41:34 -0400
I've recently had a new server set up for me, but that simply means a
standardized script has been run. I used to use Ubuntu, but Telfer now
has standardized on Centos 7. This seems to act strangely with respect
to php files (I'm trying to run Dokuwiki). The main glitch is that files
seem not to be recognized at all when I add them. Sometimes things work,
other times not.

I've discovered SELinux is installed, and is set at "enforcing", and I
suspect this may be implicated.

Google suggests all kinds of things I've already fixed, so I'm now
starting to wonder if I should insist on a good old Debian system.

Pointers welcome on how to resolve this.

JN