[OCLUG-Tech] how would you improve ORA's "linux pocket guide"?

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] how would you improve ORA's "linux pocket guide"?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:44:05 -0500 (EST)
  group project ... since i do a lot of proofreading/editing for ORA
(among others), they asked me on *very* short notice as to what would
improve the next edition of the linux pocket guide:

  http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023029.do

  if you don't have a copy of that guide, it's probably difficult to
give detailed advice, but for anyone who wants to invest a couple
minutes, if you can think of any topics that *should* be in that guide
but aren't (or any other suggestions to make it better), drop me a
note -- i'll collect them all and pass them on.

  they want suggestions by monday so anything you can propose would be
great. disclaimer: they offered me $50 to do this, but for amounts
that small, i rarely bill, i just ask for an e-book in trade, if even
that. so, in the end, it's all out of the goodness of your heart to
make the best possible book.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca