Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Topics and Location for October meeting

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Topics and Location for October meeting
  • From: "Peter Sjöberg" <lpaseen [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 02:39:52 -0400
On 09/26/2014 10:45 AM, Alex Pilon wrote:
>> On 09/25/2014 08:35 PM, Jean-Francois Messier wrote:
>>> Do we know where the meeting will be held and what the topics will be ?
>
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 09:49:10AM -0400, Peter Sjöberg wrote:
>> Can't talk for location but for one of the topics I'm going to show a
>> introduction on how to get started with Arduino on linux and will take
>> some of the projects I made with me like the Halloween demon
>> https://plus.google.com/113337250861324126994/posts/PwPoiHwoQTQ  and a
>> kinetic lance
>> https://plus.google.com/113337250861324126994/posts/Qp6C69oUk55
>> (will work on presentation details over the weekend).
>
> Are you going limit the presentation to *only* Arduino? Or might you
> make a mention of AVR programming in general?
_Intro_ to arduino so I'm skipping AVR besides mentioning that it's
possible to use something else then c(++). I plan to compare it to
arduino/bbb but will try to keep it simple.

> Would it be worth adding a blurb on how you package your projects, not
> just how you program them?
Not sure what you mean, I wasn't going to get to deep in library
programming and projects are basically just a program that (normally) loads
a few libraries and then does the work so it's not like you need some
project management package.

I'm currently working on what to include/leave out so I'm open for
suggestions.

/ps